Call for Annual Meeting Volunteers
Student volunteers are needed each year to help make the AAA Annual Meeting a success. Volunteering is a great way for students to network while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the meeting and receiving complimentary meeting registration. Open to all undergraduate students. Note: Not everyone who applies will be accepted. We have a large number of applicants each year and not enough roles for everyone, so apply early!
How To Volunteer
- The Student Volunteer Application will be available in August 2018
- After applying, email a copy of your student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers will assist and support in the following key areas of the meeting:
- Association Booth
- Awards Luncheon
- Business Meeting
- Career Expo
- Distinguished Lecturer
- Grad School Fair
- Press Room
- Poster Sessions
- Welcome Reception
- Volunteers are expected to be punctual, respectful, and helpful during shifts.
- It is beneficial to become knowledgeable on various aspects of the conference such as event locations, layout of the convention center, general conference information, and program details.
- Volunteers must attend a volunteer training held during the week of the meeting (Dates and times will be provided upon acceptance)
- All volunteers must first register, paying the student registration fees.
- Volunteers are required to work, at the minimum, 8 hours over the course of the meeting to receive 100% reimbursement.
- Reimbursements are made 4–6 weeks after the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Meaghan Rondeau, the Meetings Coordinator, at email@example.com