Information for International Attendees - Attend Events
Skip to content
Login Publications About AAA Contact Join Donate Shop FAQs

In This Section

Information for International Attendees

From Our Sponsors
In This Section

Visa Preparation 

*To request a formal letter of invitation for your visa application, please fill out the Visa Request Form*

New Visa Waiver Program Regulations

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables most citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for 90 days or less without first obtaining a visa when they meet all the requirements. Travelers must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel. If you prefer to have a visa in your passport, you may still apply for a visitor (B) visa. 

Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)

The Department of Homeland Security has established the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), an automated system to determine eligibility to travel under the Visa Waiver Program. All persons traveling under the VWP must apply for an ESTA. Approved ESTA applications are good for a period of two years.


Effective April 1, 2016, travelers using the VWP must have an e-passport. These passports have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page and a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

B-1 Visa

If you have traveled to one of the countries listed below since March 1, 2011, you will need a B-1 visa ($160) to travel to the U.S. (i.e. the VWP no longer applies to you).

Additional Visa and Passport information: 



You Might Also Like