To organize and recommend candidates for all open, elected AAA positions.
Duration of Committee
Committee Reports to
The Executive Board
- To organize information regarding candidates that have been nominated for any AAA elected position (nominees can be nominated by any member or any group members of the AAA)
- To make sure that all necessary information has been received by the committee in time for the meeting (especially proof that the nominee has agreed to run and, should s/he win, accept the position)
- To meet annually to discuss nominations
- To make recommendations to the Executive Board regarding the candidates for each position
- To utilize the specific guidelines established by the Executive Board when making recommendations
Membership and Appointment
10 member committee including the Chair
3 year terms
Committee members are elected at-large with designated seats for:
- cultural anthropology
- linguistic anthropology
- biological anthropology
- practicing/professional anthropology
- a minority anthropologist
- as well as 3 undesignated seats
This committee is Chaired by the Secretary of the Association.
A written report to the Executive Board regarding recommendations of candidates
Meetings and Schedule
Meetings and Schedule: The committee meets once a year in the fall, usually the Tuesday at the beginning of the Annual Meeting. Most of the committee's work occurs that day, so attendance is crucial.
Kim Baker, Section and Governance Coordinator, American Anthropological Association.
2300 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 1301, Arlington, VA 22201, (o) 703/528-1902, (f) 703/528-3546.
May 1, 2008
Adopted by Executive Board:
May 2, 2008