To actively support AAA's development program through the formulation of strategies and activities that will serve to increase member and/or corporate contributions and/or gifts. Directly cultivate, solicit, and provide stewardship of AAA members through education, annual giving, planned giving, and other such efforts.
Duration of Committee
Committee Reports to
The Executive Board
- Recommend policy to the Executive Board on all matters related to development (e.g., annual giving, planned giving, major gifts, corporate solicitations)
- Formulate development plans to support the AAA goals and objectives and present them to the Executive Board for approval (e.g., annual giving, planned giving, major gifts, corporate solicitations)
- Review development activities to ensure progress toward achieving annual and long-range funding goals
- Encourage AAA's leadership and members to make financial contributions to the Association.
- Develop a communications strategy that will increase member donations to AAA programs and activities
- Accept direct development assignments related to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors
- Identify and recruit leadership and members to participate in raising pledges and member donations, and other AAA development activities or special development committees
- Educate the Association's leadership on the techniques of planned giving, and member and corporate solicitations.
Membership and Appointment
Seven (7) members, to include
- Chair and six (6) other individuals to be appointed by AAA President, one of whom must be an AAA Past member of the Executive Board. Areas of expertise should include corporate solicitations, annual giving, planned giving, and other development activities.
- Ex-officio AAA President
- Ex-officio AAA President-elect
Term of Office
Three year rotating terms
Provide reports to the Executive Board
Meetings and Schedule
Once a year at the annual meeting and via conference call as needed
Elaine Lynch, Deputy Executive Director, American Anthropological Association.
2300 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 1301, Arlington, VA 22201, (o) 703/ 528-1902, (f) 703/528-3546.