Publications of AAA
The AAA supports anthropological scholarship and the dissemination of anthropological knowledge through publishing journals, books, and DVDs which include:
- Anthropology News (AN) is the official news source of AAA, and is published continually online at www.anthropology-news.org and bimonthly in print for AAA members. All members receive 6 free issues a year as part of their membership. AN is archived on AnthroSource. Non-members may order a yearly subscription (see our 2016 Subscription Pricing List and Order Form) by contacting the Membership Department (email@example.com). Some specific back issues from 2009-2016 may also be ordered through the Membership Department.
- AAA Publications
- AAA Journals Published by Wiley-Blackwell - Order through Wiley-Blackwell at the specific links below. Wiley-Blackwell also handles subscriptions to AnthroSource.
- AAA Journals Published by Sections
- RACE Are We So Different? Products (PDF Order Form, AAA Online Store)
- Educational Dual-Disc DVD/CD Set
- RACE Project T-Shirts
- RACE Project Package Sets
- AAA Books and Monographs (PDF Order Form, AAA Online Store)
- Decolonizing Anthropology: Moving Further toward an Anthropology for Liberation, 3rd Ed.
- Honor and Shame and the Unity of the Mediterranean
- Princes of the Earth: Subcultural Diversity in a Mexican Municipality
- Marriage and Mandatory Abortion among the 17th century Siraya
- Anthropology for Tomorrow: Creating Practitioner-Oriented Applied Anthropology Programs
- Culture, Kin, and Cognition in Oceania: Essays in Honor of Ward H. Goodenough
- At Work in Homes: Household Workers in World Perspective
- Bitter Money: Cultural Economy & Some African Meanings of Forbidden Commodities
- The Politics of Time
- Moralizing States and the Ethnography of the Present
- Finding a Moral Heart for US Immigration Policy
- Feminism, Nationalism, and Militarism
- Occasional Papers of the Association of Senior Anthropologists
- From Labrador to Samoa: The Theory and Practice of E. B. Leacock
- Gender and Race through Education and Political Activism
- The Impoverishment of Women
- Selected Papers on Refugee Issues, vol III
- Selected Papers on Refugee Issues, vol IV
- Beyond Boundaries (Selected Papers on Refugee Issues, vol V)
- Diasporic Identity (Selected Papers on Refugees and Immigrants, vol VI)
- Negotiating Power and Place (Selected Papers on Refugees and Immigrants, vol VII)
- Rethinking Refugee and Displacement (Selected Papers on Refugees and Immigrants, vol VIII)
- Negotiating Transnationalism (Selected Papers on Refugees and Immigrants, vol IX)
- Irrigation at High Altitudes: The Social Organization of Water Control Systems in the Andes
- Health in the Andes
- Migrants, Regional Identities and Latin American Cities
- AAA DVDs (PDF Order Form, AAA Online Store)
- Anthropology: Real People, Real Careers© 2006
- Beyond Ethnography: Corporate and Design Anthropology© 2008
- Anthropologists at Work: Careers Making a Difference
The AAA AnthroGuide and eAnthroGuide is a directory of anthropology departments, programs, and people, which is updated annually.
We produce 21 journals and newsletters through our publishing partner Wiley-Blackwell. Content from both our current titles, legacy titles, and some section-published titles may be accessed through our online platform AnthroSource. Members of the AAA receive free 24/7 online access to AnthroSource and may purchase a print subscription at cost to specific journals at the time they join or renew. To subscribe or order back issues of journals published by Wiley-Blackwell, please use specific links above.
Periodically, the AAA produced special publications. Some of these publications can be ordered from the AAA offices; for more information, please visit our list on AAA Books and Monographs which includes member and non-member prices. We also have described the history of our memoirs and special publications.
The AAA has produced four DVDs. Three DVDs ("Anthropology: Real People, Real Careers," "Beyond Ethnography: Corporate and Design Anthropology," and "Anthropologists at Work: Careers Making a Difference") are focused on the jobs and contributions of anthropologists. To order, please use specific link above. A fourth DVD is a educational dual disc of materials from our public education project "RACE: Are We So Different?".