Please check back in August for 2020 Student Volunteer Information!
The below information is from the 2019 AAA/CASCA Meeting in Vancouver, BC.
Call for Annual Meeting Student Volunteers
Student volunteers are needed to help make the 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting a success. Volunteering is a great way for students to network while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the meeting and receiving complimentary meeting registration. Open to all undergraduate & graduate students.
To volunteer, students must submit an application form. The 2019 AAA/CASCA Annual Meeting Volunteer Application deadline is Tuesday, October 1, 2019. The AAA Accessibility & Meetings Coordinator will contact all applicants to confirm the receipt of their application and provide next steps by Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
- Note: Not everyone who applies will be accepted. We have a large number of applicants each year and not enough roles for everyone, so apply early!
How To Volunteer
- The Student Volunteer Application is now available! Use the 2019 AAA/CASCA Student Volunteer Application Google Form to apply.
- Before or while applying, email a copy of your student ID to Nell, AAA Accessibility & Meetings Coordinator.
- Apply by Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
- Wait for a confirmation of application email from Nell, which will also provide next steps, by Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
- You will receive a final confirmation from Nell with your volunteer roles, times, and schedule by Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
- Join the webinar volunteer training, to be scheduled during the week prior to the conference, November 11-15.
Volunteers will assist and support in the following key areas of the meeting:
- AAA Association Booth
- AAA & CASCA Business Meetings
- CASCA Events
- Check-in/Registration Desk
- NAPA/AAA Career Expo
- Membership & Marketing
- Opening Ceremony, Keynote Address, & Indigenous Welcome
- Press Room
- Volunteers are expected to be punctual, respectful, and helpful during shifts.
- It is beneficial to become knowledgeable on various aspects of the conference such as event locations, layout of the convention center, general conference information, and program details.
- Volunteers must join in a volunteer training webinar prior to arriving to the meeting. More details about the time and date will be provided upon acceptance as a volunteer.
If you are interested in learning more about the roles and the days they are available as well as their accessibility, please visit the Student Volunteer Roles Page.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply to be a volunteer for the Annual Meeting. When applying, please be sure to indicate all access needs and/or accommodations that will need to be considered to support a successful volunteer opportunity. The AAA Accessibility & Meetings Coordinator will take your access needs into consideration when later reviewing selected and assigned volunteer roles.
If you would like to discuss your access needs and/or accommodations prior to applying to volunteer, please do not hesitate to reach out to Nell, the AAA Accessibility & Meetings Coordinator.
- All volunteers must first register and pay the student registration fees.
- Volunteers are required to work 8 hours over the course of the meeting to receive 100% registration reimbursement. To receive 50% registration reimbursement, volunteers are required to work at least 4 hours.
- Reimbursements are made 4–6 weeks after the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding volunteering for the Annual Meeting, please feel free to contact Nell, AAA Accessibility & Meetings Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.