As a way to share the AAA community resources with your students, friends, and loved ones, we offer several types of gift memberships for K-12 students, undergraduate students, graduate students, and professionals.
Gift membership recipients receive all the benefits of a AAA member and a complimentary membership in either the National Association of Student Anthropologist (for k-12 and undergraduates) or the General Anthropology Division (for graduate students and professionals).
Junior Anthropologist Award
Exclusively for outstanding K-12 students.
FREE | Give the Gift
Undergraduate Student ⓘ
$19 | Give the Gift
Graduate Student ⓘ
For faculty (Non-DSP Partners), family, and friends.
$29 - 39 | Give the Gift
For active DSP Partners & recent MA, MS, and PhD students at active DSP Partner institutions
New & Recent Graduate Program
$49 | Give the Gift
How to Apply for a Gift Membership
- Junior Anthropologist and New & Recent Graduate applications will be automatically submitted to the AAA Membership Department.
- Undergraduate, Graduate, and Profession applications will be automatically submitted to the AAA Membership Department.
- Application processing will take up to 3-7 business (Monday - Thursday) days
- AAA will email you an invoice to process via online or via phone.
What does the recipient receive?
- How will the recipient know that they have a membership?
Once the application is processed, a computer generated email is sent to the member. The email provides instructions on how to set up their password.
- How does the recipient access their membership benefits?
The member will need to create a password and login to AnthroGateway for access to online benefits.
- What is the gift certificate and how does it differ from the New Member Packet?
The gift certificate is an immediate acknowledgement of membership that can be presented by you or AAA can email it to the recipient on your behalf.
- How long is the membership active?
Each membership is active for 12 months from the date of processing.
- I am a faculty member and would like to gift AAA membership to new and recent Masters and PhD graduates.
The AAA offers departments of anthropology the exclusive privilege to nominate their recent Masters and PhD graduates with one-year AAA membership.
- I want to give the gift of membership during the December holiday season. What is the deadline to submit an application?
The deadline is December 13th. Any application received after December 13th will not be processed until January.