Member Advocate Program (MAP)
We are extremely happy about the results of the inaugural member referral campaign. More than 100 AAA members referred ~120 friends. It was great to see that several recently lapsed anthropologists were gently nudged by colleagues to renew their AAA membership, and more than 88 percent of your friends were new to the AAA!
We can't wait to launch the 2020 campaign in March. In the meantime, keep referring your friends because all who are listed as advocates after September 30 will rollover in 2020. Want to see the top advocates for 2019?
AAA members have always been the best at advocating for the field of anthropology and the association’s mission and benefits. Our power in numbers helps to strengthen and enhance the dissemination of anthropological knowledge. This program helps to acknowledges your contribution to the association’s growth.
March 1 to September 30th
- Who is eligible to refer new members?
AAA members are eligible to accrue credit for each eligible member referral.
- Who can I refer for credit?
Individuals who are not current members of the AAA.
- Who isn’t eligible to be referred for credit?
Active AAA members
The rewards will be distributed annually in October.
The AAA member who leads the participant board in referrals will win reward #1. The runner-up will receive reward #2. All participating advocates receive reward #3. For all participating advocates who refer five or more members your name will be entered into a drawing for the grand reward.
- Grand Reward: 1-year membership and 2020 Annual Meeting Registration
One “advocate” who refers five or more members will receive this reward. In the event of a tie, a drawing will be held to determine the winner.
- Reward 1: $100 visa gift card
- Reward 2: $50 visa gift card
- Reward 3: Exclusive retro AAA member advocate pin.
All participants who recruit one member will receive this reward. You will also be entered into a drawing to receive a complimentary three-month AAA membership extension. One advocate will be selected.
How it works
- Continue to advocate for the field of anthropology and the mission of the association to a friend or colleague. (Need to check their AAA membership status, search here)
- Encourage your friend or colleague to include your name in the “referral box” during the checkout process via AnthroGateway no later than September 30th.
- Any friends referred after September 30th will rollover to the next year's campaign.
- Check your advocate credit via our participant board. The board will be updated in April, June, and August.
- The advocate with the most referrals will be announced in October.
- Need a few tips? We've got you covered.