You already have the tools that you need to continue advocating for the field of anthropology! All you need to do is to continue sharing your experience with others about how great it is to meet other anthropologists at meetings and conferences, connecting with your specialized sections, and of course all of the great reads in AnthroSource and Anthropology News.
Here are some suggestions to help you reach out to potential members and encourage them to join AAA:
- Email an invitation to join (We've done all the work, you only need to complete a few fields and we will send them an automated email message.)
- Share your copy of Anthropology News (AN), the AAA member magazine.
- Let friends and colleagues know about your connection to your section. Many sections (and, btw there are 40!) have great benefits including mentoring opportunities for those new to the field as well as veterans.
- Tell your friends and colleagues about the immediate connection they will have to your 9,000 AnthroFriends via the Communities platform.
- If you have a favorite AAA membership benefit, tell them about it.
- Share AAA emails including News and Notes and the bi-weekly AnthroSource and Anthropology News highlights.
- Invite a colleague to attend the AAA Annual Meeting or your section’s spring meeting.
- Let them test out membership first via a gift membership or the graduate program.
Need more inspiration, check out the 2019 advocates! With the power of AAA members, together we can build our community!